Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Seward, Alaska..........


As we drove through the breathtaking scenery on the way to Seward my old lesson
from grade school was rattling around in my brain.  The transaction where Alaska was purchased by the Secretary of State, William Henry Seward from the Russian Empire for $7.2 million.   Most were in agreement but some opponents called it Seward's Icebox or Folly.  I think he made a pretty good deal.    


It was beautiful.  Water, mountains, beautiful boats and wonderful food.  The water was unbelievable in Alaska.  Everywhere, beautiful blue water.   


While we were there Amanda took me to the Alaska Sealife Center.  I can't remember all
the different creatures we saw.  There was a sea lion, beautiful, ethereal jellyfish, 
and a couple octopus including this beauty.  We were able to feed her and  handle her
a bit.  Amanda was much more adventurous than me but it was
still a great adventure.  

It was a spectacular day.              Diane


4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful scenery and that is an understatement.

Kit said...

What an incredible trip you had! Do you know I have never been to Alaska? I can't believe it. Canada and Hawaii but not Alaska. I really should go sometime. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Kit

Laurie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time Diane, and I can only imagine what it would be like to pet and octopus!

Name: Amanda said...

I love reliving it through your blog/journal! It was fun wasn't it?