Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Peace in Wildness


 How do you feel about being around nature?  I think you probably feel the same or close as I do.  I love my home and yard and everything but I have a place in my soul that cries out for the wild places.  Hiking, camping out, being out in the forest alone does not tempt me, in fact it would scare me to death.  But a walk along the creek with my dog (if I had one right now)  looking at the subtle changes of the season, the peace and quiet or the soft sounds of nature is just peace.  

I miss having a dog to walk with.  They are such peaceable people.  

I hope you have a happy new year and that you have a peaceful place in your soul, too.                                  God bless you,     Diane

3 comments:

amontanalife.blogspot.com said...

Hello!! How is Sheridan? We got lots of snow lately. I love it! I love nature but like you I am not comfortable out in the woods. I will watch my squirrels and birds at their feeders and the deer that sleep in my yard. Happy New Year! Kit

Jane the Booklady said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year Diane. I love to be somewhere peaceful and alone and to potter about watching the seasons change- just as you say. Last September I was brave and took a whole month off to explore part of Wales- by myself! I am still trying to catch up writing about it in my blog but it was such a wonderfully liberating experience. Jane x

Name: Amanda said...

You know my thoughts on nature and a wild life. Beautiful photo mom! Xo bean