Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Bittersweet


 A friend brought me this bittersweet and I treasure it.  She visited her sister in the Black Hills at the base of the Crazy Horse monument and they made a point of hunting for bittersweet in a place her sister knew of.  It's beautiful and aptly named.  After it freezes it turns bright orange but this hasn't yet.  

If it was outside this morning it would have frozen as it got down to 30 degrees.  I heard my neighbor scraping her windshield.  We've been having a great fall so this kind of took us by surprise.  Not Dreamer.  She loves to be outside when it's cold.  

I hope you're doing well.  I've missed doing my blog and I hope it turns out O.K.  I had a rocky start.  Take care of yourselves.  Blessings,       Diane         next one I promise you won't have to get out your magnifying glass to read it.

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are doing great Diane. It is good to hear from you. We had frost overnight as well and more is forecast for tonight.

Kit said...

This is great! No frost yet here, but going down to 2° on Sunday! The overnight low. We're all set for winter. Kit

Gary Motonaga said...

Nice to see you back. I love your photo settings. I never knew bittersweet is a plant. I thought it was just an adjective to describe ones teenage love affair. The plant looks better than the supposed love affair.