Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October

Wild is the music
of autumnal winds
Amongst the faded woods.
            William Wordsworth

It's October.   Just like that.  33 degrees when I woke
up this morning.  Maybe it's the artist in
me or something but I always think of months in
colors, I think of October in gray.  Not a
sad gray but mysterious, spooky - the hoot of an owl in the
gray twilight as I walk my dog, fog moving in,
a stranger appearing - "hello". 
I'm glad I have a warm, cozy home to come in to, maybe
a pot of potato soup and some hot cornbread. 

Happy October.   
                 Blessings, Diane

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the image you paint with words.Enjoy each fall day.

Kit said...

Your words are lovely! I guess I think of October in terms of orange, lime green and purple due to Halloween...lol Cold here today. Steve is putting up our outdoor Halloween decor and I'm working on the inside. 🎃 Kit

Gary and Judy said...

Living in Hawaii has made us so complacent and jaded compared to what most of you go through when the "Big Chill" descends upon you. But your post has evoked memories in us as to how wonderful the seasonal changes are. In Alaska we welcomed spring with celebratory joy. That was really easy. But the advent of fall and winter sobered us up into a sense of urgency as we watched the "termination dust" creeping down the slopes of the Chugach Mountains. We remember the sour smells of decaying birch leaves on the ground. Everything was photographical, paintable and magical. Thanks.

Name: Amanda said...

You sound very hygge! I completely agree. Reading this post made me feel cozy! Xo bean

Name: Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.