Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

We Must Not Forget

 The very evening that our country was attacked on 9/11 I started making this quilt.  My last one, in fact.  I started with the white house (which today probably needs the most work.).  I was so inspired by so much patriotism, people hanging enormous flags, flags flying from homes and cars.  With a little help from Cathy who found me some tiny flag fabric it didn't take me long.  My heart is truly in this one.
       This is the last panel.  I hope you can read it.  It says "o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave".
        I love you all and stay brave.      God bless.             Diane

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is beautiful.

Gary and Judy said...

It must have taken a lot of heart to quilt this. It's beautiful. Making this would take a lot out of anybody. We can understand if that's the reason this was your last work.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That's a beautiful quilt. May we all be blessed with much peace and love, warmth and kindness. Take care.