Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Hello, October.....................

Here in Wyoming where I live we're all getting ready for winter.  I've heard it said that in the north all year is spent getting ready for winter.  Getting wood for the fireplace, planting a garden to squirrel away the produce for colder months, making sure the furnace is working right and winterizing your home, buying snow tires.  I'm sure there's more.

But it's kind of a good feeling, I don't know what it would be like to live where there wasn't seasons.

This morning the colors of the trees are especially brilliant.  I'm hoping to get out later to get some great photos.

We have big news in my family.  A new great grandson was born yesterday in Billings.  Brook Averett is already a husky little guy and he's welcomed by a big brother and sister and oodles of relatives.
God bless you,      Diane

6 comments:

Kit said...

Congratulations! How exciting and he is beautiful! So true about getting ready for Winter. I just love it tho, the preps, the hunkering down, the cozy nights in the house. Perfect for us. :) Kit

Ruth Hiebert said...

Congratulations on a sweet great-grandson.I am with you on loving that I live where we get to experience the different season.

June said...

What a precious sight Brook is Diane!!!! He looks absolutely darling!!! Sure to bring so much joy to your family!
I'm not sure I'm ready to even think of what winter will be like this year, after last year :))) I loved last winter because of how beautiful it was, but it was very, very hard for me not to be able to get out much and get the things we needed. The roads were so scary and Carey now has no grocery store, and that made it necessary to drive them sometimes. Not fun at all! But what will be, will be, and who am I to complain after all the things that have happened in the world lately! Fall is looking so pretty and I'm like you and can't even imagine not having 4 distinct seasons to love!
sending hugs and love your way...

Name: Amanda said...

Happy fall! I am sure everyone is excited to have a new baby around! Lovely picture and new header!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the new baby!! Fall is a wonderful time. Hope yours is blessed.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Congrats on the precious new great grandboy. No seasons here. Everything always looks the same when I look out my window. :( Happy October!