Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Days Grow Short........

......when you reach September.

The rain we got last week was so welcome.  It soaked everything that I was having trouble keeping watered.  It washed the smoke out of the air and helped put out or slow down the fires in Montana and the northwest.  Here in Wyoming (at least the people I know) were overjoyed for our friends to the north.
And now I'm busy putting my yard and garden to bed for the winter.  I love the coziness of this time of year.  Dark earlier, turning the heat up or building a little fire, how good a sweater feels, putting the hot heat behind.
I hope you are well and that your life is peaceful.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

So grateful for the rain. Here in Virginia..we see the beginnings of Autumn too. Such a beautiful season.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Diane,I feel the same as you. I love this time of year and the slight chill in the air. As your picture shows,I have started burning candles in my home again. I don't have any desire for that in summer. Be well my friend.

Kit said...

I feel the same as you! I love this time of year, and welcome the cool days and dark nights. I love being cozy. The fires are pretty much history now. Thank heavens! Raining right now and our first frost tonight. :) Kit

Name: Amanda said...

Don't know how I missed this post, I am glad you got rain finally after a summer of dry and smoky conditions. Xobean