Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Christmas Lights

   When the two big Colorado spruce trees were small enough we decorated them with Christmas lights.  But soon they got way too tall and Leonard decorates the fence instead.  I love the garland around the front door and the little red wreath in the front wreath is one like my grandma had.  It was the first thing she hung up every Christmas. 
Here the welcoming committee of one is greeting you at the front door. 
Have you ever thought about why we brighten up the winter nights in December with Christmas lights?  I'm glad we do, they're so cheerful and pretty and take away the gloom of the cold winter nights in the darkest time of the year.                      Diane

9 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! I love the garland on the fence.Your home looks so warm and inviting.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous, Diane. Those spruce trees are huge... We had some like that in our yard at my homeplace ---but the new owners cut them down. SAD!!!

Love your decorations --especially the garland and lights around the door... By the way, I also love that door. Beautiful.

Oh how I love Christmas...
Hugs,
Betsy

Angela said...

Oh, what a wonderful cottage home you have. I'll be right over!

June said...

Of all the decorations for the holiday the outdoor lights are my favorite Diane. They just make a place say 'we love Christmas here'!!! All is clam and bright at your house.

Oh I LOVE all your little snowbabies in your previous post!
hugs...

Pondside said...

Your house looks like a fairytale house, Diane. I love it! The lights at Christmas time do so much to dispel the darkness of the short days. So uplifting!

polkadotpeticoat said...

Your house is so adorable.....and your Christmas lights just put it over the top!

Kit said...

Your home looks wonderful! I love the way you have done your lights too. I agree when you live in a Northern state one must have pretty lights in the dark. :) Kit

Name: Amanda said...

Oh, Your lights are so beautiful! What a sweet home you have. xobean

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Diane, I love your pretty little house and the twinkly lights. Wow! Those spruce trees really tower over the house now and are so beautiful! Rascal is the cutest welcome committee I've ever seen. :) Best wishes, Tammy