Monday, May 25, 2009

Detective

For a long time I've heard the prettiest bird sound in one area of our neighborhood. I've looked and looked and never even seen a hair (or feather). It's quite loud and you'd think it would be easy to spot. For the last week I've heard it again. I took a picture of the tree where I seemed to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. I put the picture on the computer and combed the tree over and over, finally BINGO! there it is. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get a better picture but it's there nevertheless. My amateur bird identification skills tells me that it's a Baltimore Oriole but I'm not sure. Can you see it? Hope you've been having a great weekend. God bless you, Diane

4 comments:

  1. Diane,I do think you are right.This looks like a Blatimore Oriole.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on seeing a Baltimore Oriole, Diane... I'd love to see one sometime. They are just gorgeous.

    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, would love to see one! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure do think it is a Baltimore Oriole. Looks so pretty and sounds so sweet.

    deena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.