Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Fresh peaches............

In Leonard and my book Colorado Peaches are the
best.  I know other people might not agree - ours go back to when the people at neighborhood grocery store made a special trip to Colorado and brought back a truckload every summer and we all just loved them.

The grocery store has since closed but the towns people still grasp for Colorado peaches.

Last summer when Leonard was in the hospital I bought a lug of them and then wondered what I was going to do with them. I brought one out for him as a very special treat.   I didn't have time to can, freeze, or even eat them.  Not wanting to lose any I just stuck them in plastic bags and put them in the freezer.  Now I take out what I want, let them thaw enough to remove their skins (easy) and use them for smoothies, ice cream, peach crisp or what ever I want.  They're delicious that way.  Necessity is the mother of invention.           Diane

5 comments:

Jane the Booklady said...

What a delicious treat! Jane xx

Name: Amanda said...

I am glad that you salvaged last years peaches! They are delish! Xo bean

Ruth Hiebert said...

All those goodies made from the frozen peaches sound wonderful.

Pondside said...

Peaches in April - no matter how they come, they're delicious!

June said...

I would have never thought of this Diane. I am so glad you shared, because it sounds like a great way to preserve them if you're in a hurry. I don't think I've never had a Colorado peach, but it must be good if you love them.
sending hugs...