Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

My perfect Christmas Eve is going to the Christmas program at the church.  Candlelight and carols and the hushed excitement of the children AND adults.  Each child looking immediately for his parents or grand parents and then relaxing when his loved one is spotted.  The nervous parts, unzipped zippers and beautiful little voices.  When we leave a gentle snow is falling and the Christmas bells ringing.  Home to hot chocolate and nervous excitement and reading The Night Before Christmas.

Oh my I miss that and yet I still have the beautiful memories and I know my daughters do, too.

May you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas and.

4 comments:

Kit said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Have a lovely one. Kit

Ruth Hiebert said...

Merry Christmas to you,Diane.

Pondside said...

We have similar Christmas Eve memories. Yours were beautifully told. Merry Christmas my friend!

June said...

I'm sure of it too Diane! I was so happy to read that Cathy and you were able to spend this time together. Have a magical day my friend.
We had a big storm come in today and it is leaving A LOT of snow out there. Something we really need here this year. I am doing the happy dance :)))
much love...