Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Panic!

Rascal had been sleeping last evening and when I went to take him out for the last time he couldn't walk across the floor.  He would take a step and then sit down and look guilty. 

Leonard and I went into panic mode.  We just didn't want to deal with something awful. We picked him up and started looking him over.  I discovered a cockleburr which had stuck in his tail hairs and then it had stuck to the back of his foot! 
  After trimming out the burr we all let out a sigh of relief, even Rascal!       

6 comments:

  1. Poor baby.. Glad you found out what was wrong with him... Scary--when our pets suffer.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things are so nasty I remember on the farm the animals always were getting into them, poor baby that would have hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Rascal. I'm relieved you found it was a burr, I was concerned it was something more! Those things are so painful, glad he's ok Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it was so easily fixed! Poor little Rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! That poor little Rascal. I'm glad it was something easily taken care off. Zack used to come home with those all in his socks and clothes after baseball practice. But no more baseball this year and no more cockleburrs. :) Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.