Strangely, this haiku by Masahide came to my mind as I walked along the creek today. After crying and raging about the irreverent "beautification" of the creek bank by city crews I settled down and realized that now I can see the creek, and the mountains. Leonard reminded me that a lot of that growth
will grow back. I still don't like it and it's so frustrating that you don't have a voice in anything but I tell myself that I'm not the one in charge here - God is. Barn's burnt down, now I can see the moon. Diane
Well---as your hubby said, it will grow back.. AND--as much as I hate to see trees cut down, I do like the new look there. You can enjoy the creek --and you will enjoy seeing the mountains and the moon...
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
Amazing how God puts things right where you need them, when you need them.
ReplyDeleteA reader posted this quote on my blog yesterday, and having never heard it, I was googling and ran across your post. This photo illustrates it beautifully.
Thank you.
I loved the haiku, and the sentiment behind it.
ReplyDeleteA very positive way to look at it Diane, and yes, it will grow back.
ReplyDelete