That's what this dragonfly reminds me of - a plane that just landed. He seems to have a happy smile on his face as though he made it. Once this guy/girl landed on the weed it was easy to get some pics. It just sat there for a long time. Dragonflies are amazing creatures, aren't they? Diane
What an amazing picture Diane! I love dragonflies, when I visit my brother, they're in multitudes. And so many sizes and colors. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI've always been amazed at insects...the Lord made them little works of art with tiny details in their design!
ReplyDeleterest shot.They always remind me of a helicopter.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo. My 12 year hates bugs and he especially hates dragonfly season here when they are flying all over the place. I love how they are able to hover like helicopters. Hope your day is great. Tammy
ReplyDeleteGood capture.
ReplyDeleteKay
Ha Ha, Diane.... Since it's almost Fall and since football is starting around here, I thought your title was talking about a football touchdown... ha ha....
ReplyDeleteGreat post. The dragonfly did make a perfect landing, didn't he???
Hugs,
Betsy
This is quite amazing. It does look like a plane,right down to his little propeller looking face. You must have a lot of patience to get a shot like this. It really is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThey really are cool little creatures aren't they? xobean
ReplyDelete