Today is the most beautiful our town is all year and it smells the best.
I had to take a detour and passed a home on a corner lot that was full of lilacs. It was surrounded by a white picket fence which framed them beautifully. I went back to get my camera. The top pictures are that place.
Everywhere you look someone has a lilac tree or a lilac hedge, old lilacs, new, white, and several different shades of lavender. This old tree is glorious.
Below is some of our own lilacs, I raised these from little twigs. For those of you who live where lilacs don't grow I wish I could send you the scent. The video is trees belonging to a neighbor.
.
Our lilacs are finally out - and they are heavenly!
ReplyDeleteYour town must smell wonderful...
We don't have them here. I always loved my Grandma's...in Kansas.
ReplyDeleteGood to know I am not the only camera laden gal out and about snapping pictures here and there.
ReplyDeleteI am not kidding you..each picture makes me want to weep. They are sooo very beautiful. I am sure this must be what heaven looks like. And those trees are taller than the houses. Oh they are magnificent!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I realize I'm gushing, but, ohhh.......
ReplyDeleteYour town must look and smell wonderful during Lilac time.My own Lilacs have almost lost thier beauty.
ReplyDeleteI wish there was smell'o'vision!!!!! I love lilacs!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't imagine anything better....gorgeous!!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xxx
These are so lovely....LOVELY and all the old homes nestled in around them! bliss
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteA few of mine are in full bloom too Diane. I am so happy during lilac time!!! How 'bout you?
hugs from here...
Hi Diane, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. I've been out of it the past week. So glad to hear that Daisy Mae has a loving home. The lilacs are gorgeous! We have heat and dust. Blah! Hope your day is a good one. Best wishes, Tammy
ReplyDelete