Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gardening Ed's Way

Our neighbor, Ed, gardens in his own way. I always like to see what's going on with him. I've written about him before, the way he walks around carrying his coffee cup and (I truly believe) willing the flowers to pop right up out of the ground. He loves relics, as you can see by these photos, and he loves to recycle. These wheels cost $$$ at auctions and he's just waiting for some more good ones to come up so he can continue his fence. See those round rocks?? I lusted after those when he first brought them home. When he told me where he got them and how hard it was (way up in the mountains, a whole day's work digging them out and hauling them) I dropped any idea I had of talking him out of one of them for my yard. It's fun to know people like him. They make you really appreciate individualism. Diane


4 comments:

Heidi said...

those tulips are beautiful,and those wheels are fun. you can see he loves his yard by the care!

Jayne said...

What a great way to create an interesting fence for the garden!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I think I like Eds' way of gardening.The wheels make a great fence,and the garden looks like a relaxing place to be.Thanks for sharing Eds' garden.
Blessings,ruth

Laurie said...

How clever! I love his wheel fence! It's nice to have neighbors who take such beautiful care of their yards, so that everyone in the neighborhood can enjoy!