Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One Way or Another




Some body's going to be mad at me whatever. There's no way around it.

I love to feed the birds and most creatures. When I feed the birds the squirrels do their very best to raid the bird feeders. So I feed the squirrels peanuts to try to keep them from doing that. SOMETIMES that works. But then there are peanut shells in a heap in the driveway and then my husband's upset with me about that. What to do! About the only thing I can do is go out every day that it's not too icy and try to keep the peanut hulls swept up.

Here are a few pictures I got today and yesterday. Top picture is Eurasian Collared Doves, then Mr. Squirrel sitting on the squirrel feeder - GOOD! the Rosy Finches, next is a Red Breasted Nuthatch and the last one of course is a Downy Woodpecker. The Nuthatch is such a cute little bird but very fast.

Please excuse the quality of some of these.




Diane



5 comments:

  1. Your birds are fortunate to have a friend like you. Enjoy them,they give so much pleasure.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way around it, Diane - someone is going to be unhappy with you.......it's the same here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane I can't believe how well you know your birds. I love birds and sadly I haven't taken the time to learn about them and their names. I am so in awe of those of you who do. The doves look so cozy all snuggled up together.
    I have missed some great posts here. Seems I have been running on slow lately and then my sisters came to visit the first of this week. We had such fun.
    I love the sketches of you sweeping up the hearts in your journal. When I saw the post of your lovely creations and saw that you had made that beautiful candle, it sure made me smile. I have been doing some creating this month also and it sure feels good to be actually using up some of the supplies that I buy. I seem to buy, but then they just sit. So it is great to actually put them together and make something.
    Have a wonderful day dear friend.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hubby would be mad at me also --since there are sunflower seed hulls ALL over the deck and on the ground below the deck....

    I love my birds --and try hard not to feed the squirrels. However, they manage to get their share!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane... I am just catching up with everyone as my Bloglines has been acting up something fierce...grrr!

    Love seeing your feathered friends and how neat that those doves have stuck around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.