Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting There


Flying into the sun between Seattle and Anchorage. It's probably about 10:00 p.m. - there's a 2 hour time difference between Wyoming and Alaska. You can see the sun bouncing off the plane and the miles and miles and miles of beautiful mountains. I got in about 11:30 and it was still light. I didn't have as much trouble with the light difference as I did with myself. I kept getting up to the time at home and going to bed Alaska time and that just wasn't working. Finally Amanda said "Just live by the time here." That helped a lot. As far as the light, it was absolutely incredible. I'll post more tomorrow. Diane

6 comments:

  1. That's a unique vantage point.I love the subtle colors.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just do not fly...... but that picture is beautiful! I have traveled around the world twice but in the last few years I have chosen not to fly anymore. I think I will miss a lot of things but I will drive! hahahahh

    Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow---amazing, Diane. I had always heard that Alaska stays light for a long time at nights. Crazy!!!! I'm sure it would be hard to adjust.

    Love that picture ---of the sun and clouds. Gorgeous!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot Diane, thanks for posting more of your gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's starting to get "normal" around here. We have a little over 14 hours of daylight now. We're on the downhill side of light. You visited at such a dynamic time of year. Good planning! :) It was so much fun showing you our "Alaska".

    I love the layers of mountains in the picture. Beautiful!

    Love, Bean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.