Monday, August 11, 2008

A Bird



Walking through the back gate something caught my eye this afternoon. Luckily I had my camera and I was able to get several good shots of this little (girl)? I believe from my bird books that it's a female black headed grosbeak. I'm trusting my bird friends to straighten me out. I'd seen the other one the more brilliant colored last week but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. This one was quite trusting and it made me think it was a juvenile. I tried to keep Rascal out of that area to give it a chance to join the others.

I decided today that I'm going to look for a sundial with the saying "I Count Only the Golden Hours". That will be my gift to myself.

God bless you, Diane

2 comments:

  1. Oh it is it is a Black Headed Grosbeak
    We get them in our area, but I have not seen one..
    sweeetttt.....
    deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat Diane! I've never seen one so it's doubly lovely to see her. :c)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.