Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Newsworthy?

So many things have happened this summer.  Family, neighbors, one of my daughters moving here in a few weeks, heat (like everyone) but try as I might there doesn't seem anything to to tell you about.
well, there was one thing.  A bird ran into my head.  Really, I startled a young bird as I walked into one of my flower beds and he flew right into my head.  He then flew on trying to grab a tree branch, and then a flower and then landing face first into the lawn.  I think he was alright.  Both of us were so startled.  Since he was just beginning his life I don't think he was as surprised as me.  Never in my life did I ever have that happen before.

And that, my friends was probably the most unusual thing that happened to me this summer.

                                                                      Blessings,   Diane

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I want to laugh and shake my head at the same time. Oh no! Poor little birdie. I can just imagine how startled you both were. What a little cutie. I sure hope he finally found his wings and was able to fly away. Take care, Tammy

Kit said...

LOL!!! That is so crazy! Just think of the stories it got to tell when he went back to the nest! Still hot here but we got the first rain shower in weeks, this morn. It has been a good summer. :) Take care my friend, Kit

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! That is at least something you can smile about.Sometimes life just carries on as usual and I tend to think that is not all bad.Have a good rest of the summer my friend and watch those low flying birds. LOL

Name: Amanda said...

And a bee ran into your head this summer too - didn't it? It's been a hard summer for heads! 🤕