Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The month of August has flown by.  The anniversary of Leonard's death was the 23rd and I had company off and on for the entire month.  People wanted to be here for me and  to feel closer to him.  Amanda came and spent almost a week helping me catch up on things and we had some fun things, too.

Above is just a peaceful photo of my sweet little dog, Rascal.  He seems to have adjusted in the last year but he has aged.  Sad.

My hollyhocks and other flowers are blooming in spite of me but I'm starting to cut them down.  We had one hard rain and the hollyhocks fell over and flattened everything.  Hope you're all well.  God bless, Diane

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A year already. So hard to believe. Nice to know you had lots of visitors during the month to keep you company. I got back home at 1:30 am yesterday morning. Happy to be done with hotels and eating out all the time. And back here on my comfy couch for crocheting and blogging. Glad to hear you received my simple gift ... I know you like pink. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Time moves on even when we feel the extreme loneness and sadness. I'm glad you had people with you to help you through the days.

Pondside said...

It's so hard, this year of firsts. I'm glad you had loved ones around you.

Name: Amanda said...

I am glad you and I could be together and visit. I love this picture. Beautiful colors. Xobean

Kit said...

Thinking of you my friend. Sending hugs and thoughts. Hard to believe a year has passed. You have done well and will continue so. You have such a strength and enjoy life so much. Have a wonderful Sept. :) Kit