Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, August 13, 2016

If you look very closely.............

....you can see the golden wings on this red dragonfly.  Such amazing creatures.  I see them occasionally in the garden but this one is so different.  It's been a very busy August as I'm sure yours has been, too.  Everybody trying to cram the last of the summer into the month.

My cousin Judee was here on a visit for a few days and we had a delightful time together.  She adored Rascal and he ate it up.  I haven't seen her since we were about 8 years old.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.                              Diane

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes,life gets busy,but as long as it's a good busy,its ok.

Name: Amanda said...

I am glad you had a nice visit! Lovely picture of the dragonfly. Xo

Kit said...

That is so nice to have a visit after all that time. :) I am packing in alot of gardening and fun before I have to go back to work on the 25th. But it is funny, I will be ready to go back by then and see all the kids. :) Kit

Pondside said...

What a treat that must have been Diane!
I don't see many dragonflies now that we live in town. I used to see them over the pond all the time.