Pinecones and Roses

Friday, July 22, 2016

Revitalization.........

Almost everyone is worn down from this heat wave.  I just looked at the weather and it's 63 right now (heaven!!!) but it's supposed to be 106 later today (not heaven!).
I walked outside to find this beautiful hanging basket completely dried out and shot.  I immediately flooded it and flooded it some more and misted it.  Later that evening I was rewarded with the full beauty once again.

Whew!  Wouldn't it be nice if we could do that?  Just add lots of water and we're beautiful once again?  Wishful thinking.  I'm just happy that I didn't lose my flowers.   Stay cool.    Diane

P.S.  My brother got home from the hospital yesterday.  He has a long way to go before he is healed - 6 months probably.  He's in Buffalo now  so I'm going to go over to see him as soon as they get settled - I can't wait to see his face and also see if I can be of any help to his wife.

5 comments:

Pondside said...

How I wish I could spritz my face, drink a tall glass of water and be as plumped up and refreshed as your planter!

Pondside said...

How I wish I could spritz my face, drink a tall glass of water and be as plumped up and refreshed as your planter!

SimplySingleSenior said...

Just found your blog through another one I read (T's Daily Treasures). I live in Nashville, TN and we are having temps and humidity at 100. It is brutal on the flowers - especially containers. Even my cactus are suffering! I have been watering every day and love how all the flowers perk up and are happy again!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm so glad you were able to revive that basket of flowers,it is so pretty.I don't do heat well and by now am almost ready for fall and cooler temperatures.

Debbie said...

The heat can be so hard on us all. Stay cool!!