Pinecones and Roses

Friday, June 3, 2016

My favorite.............

......That's what I think whenever a new flower begins blooming.  Right now it's the iris.  Aren't they just gorgeous?  (At least in this part of the country)  Mine are showing up so bright and beautiful in the green flower beds, which are really lots of weeds which had their way last summer while Leonard was in the hospitals.  That even makes the iris prettier, distracting from them.  What colors do you have, if you do?  Mine are raspberry, this gorgeous color above, and purple.  I'm still waiting for my real pink ones to bloom.  This is their first year and I've protected them with my life.

Gardens aren't gardens to me.  They're memories.  The pink iris were sent to me last summer by a relative who knew I wanted one. They all have a story.                        Diane

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Pretty. No iris' here but I am totally in love with my red hibiscus right now. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

This one is stunning.I used to have so many Irises but now have only a couple of plants.

Unknown said...

That's a very beautiful flower!

June said...

The iris is a beauty Diane! I have a yellow, pinky-coral,white, deep purple, and a white with purple edges. SOome of mine are done and some are blooming now, but boy, do they need dividing :))).
hugs from me!!!