Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, May 1, 2016

It had to happen.........

Probably about 3 lots of woodland about 25 steps from my back gate.  It wasn't mine but I felt like it.  Pheasants, deer, turkeys but even more than that it was a peaceful respite for the senses.  We knew the people who owned it and treasured it and we knew what it meant to them.  They have both died and the only thing was for me to enjoy it while I could.

I knew someone would come along and it would change someday.  And they did, this week.  Ben and Viv's little lilac tree that she insisted they move far enough from the street so it could bloom.  The little apple tree that continued to live even through summers of drought.  Many, many trees that provided shelter for creatures and an occasional person.

The tree  people came and there's hardly anything left but my sadness.


                                                                                       Diane

3 comments:

Terra said...

That is sad, and think of the displaced wild critters. Maybe you could plant a lilac in your yard in memory of the previous owners of that land.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is painful to see these trees cut down. There have been too many mature trees cut down,less than a block from my house in order to build yet another gas station.

Name: Amanda said...

Makes me sad. Xo bean