Pinecones and Roses

Monday, July 20, 2015

A new day.........

..........a new challenge.  This is Leonard's 17th day either in the hospital, the hospital in Billings, or the therapy center at the nursing home.

Each day he thinks of something else he needs from home (or Walmart) and I do try to accommodate him.  I also try to find some time for me, to rest, to water the garden, to be.

Right now he's back in ICU "for observation" because they couldn't get an oxygen reading at the center.  He hates it there.  He wants to be back at the therapy center because he's missing his therapies and he has come to look forward to the routine.  (I didn't know this until now.  Who would have known???)  Hopefully he'll get back there today.

I know there will be joy in this day whatever happens.  Diane                

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm glad to see you Diane, I've been concerned. I hope all goes well and Len can get back to his therapy. It's very important you take that time for yourself. Take care my friend, and bless you both.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad to hear that you are taking time to care for 'you'. That is so important,because you can't take care of others if you are run down.

June said...

The way you look at life is remarkable Diane. I'm so glad you have a strong faith and a great attitude. It's a wonderful thing to have.
and I'm sure you did find some joy in the day :)
sending hugs...