Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A bird morning....................

We had a skiff of snow last night and the robins were excited - skittering around, dashing in and out of the street for worms.  Birds were singing, robins, eurasian collared doves, chickadees, and there was the occasional crowing of a ring necked pheasant.  I took a little ride to the outskirts of town and
 I was treated to two killdeer also searching for food.


 They're hard to capture because they stand perfectly still  and then take off like a shot. Such interesting birds, too.  Like many birds they're quite camouflaged by their surroundings, which to me is amazing.

But the best part of my little photo shoot was hearing the song of the meadowlark.  Around here that means spring!!!!              Diane

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I agree with you about capturing pictures of the Killdeer.They seem to melt into the surroundings,until they move. I also love the song of the Meadowlark,a sure sign of spring.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great photos! You know I love to watch the birdies. Have a good day. Tammy

Kit said...

When I lived out in the country, the song of the meadowlark was my favorite. Now if I venture out in the valley, I can't wait to hear it! Kit

Name: Amanda said...

I can barely see that guy. I see green under your snow. It must confuse nature. Xo