Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fooled again!.....







 Yesterday as I sat outside - a hummingbird.  I got my camera and luckily it was still around.  I snapped a dozen pictures but as I did my doubts grew.
And when I put it on the computer it wasn't a hummingbird but a hummingbird moth.  I've seen so many of these and every time I'm fooled.......for a little while.  Oh, well, this is a fascinating little creature, too, and much more cooperative.                                               Diane

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

It may not be a Hummingbird,but still a very nice catch.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I had heard about these but never seen one until we were in Durango, Colorado last month. The most awesome little creature I've ever laid eyes on. I got some good video of it flitting about. Totally amazing! :) Tammy