Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, July 17, 2014

It's clear now............

My husband was admitted to the hospital on Sunday, the 13th, with confusion, incoherence, and weakness.  For the last 5 days they've fiddled around, poked, prodded and have gotten nowhere.  Last night when I was unable to settle down it came to me in perfect clarity what is wrong with his brain.

He  has struggled with systemic lupus for a least 15 years.  It's already attacked several organs nearly all.
The reason that the doctors couldn't find anything is because you can't find it.  It's a condition.

I've always known it might possibly affect his brain but I guess I didn't think it would be that way.

Looking it up on the net I found that all the signs were there that he's had for the past several months.

I brought him home today and just being home helps so much.    I don't know what tomorrow will bring.          Diane

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Diane,this cannot be easy for you. I pray that God will give you extra strength to be there for Leonard during this rough time.

Kit said...

Oh my, I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and keeping you both in my prayers. Take care dear friend. Kit

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh no Diane. I am so sorry to hear this news about your hubby.
At least you figured out what it was, God Bless you both
Hugs Lynn

Name: Amanda said...

I am so relieved! Good job for figuring it out! Xo

purplehaze said...

You are so brave and SMART! I have a friend with lupus and it is frustrating because there is no simple test to diagnose it. She struggles the same as your Leonard. He is a lucky man to have you at his side. Now you need to get some help so you don't burn out. j

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear about Leonard? Why do doctors prod and test when they should know the reason for his symptoms? I imagine there will be good and bad days. God bless you both, Tammy