Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The sudden change of seasons...............................

 The changing seasons never fail to amaze me.  Just like clockwork one changes into another without anyones help. 
 This year it was more dramatic than most with the storm of October 8th.  In our town people are still cleaning up branches and broken branches still hang treacherously in many trees.  The tree services are overwhelmed and the city departments are swamped. 
Some trees have lost all their leaves overnight but there's still a lot of color for people like me who wander around with their cameras just marveling at the new autumn.           Diane

Below is a picture of a few vehicles bringing broken trees to the city dump.
               
                                   thank you to the person who took this for the local media

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

An early snowfall can sure speed up the chafe in seasons.

Kit said...

Wow! Boy does that remind me of the year we had a late snow in June. We had drop off spots all over town and huge lines of trucks. :( Kit

Jane the Booklady said...

Hello Diane, I love seeing the change of seasons in the lives of my distant friends. Here is is a slow, gentle Autumn. The countryside could almost still be the end of August. I'm wishing for a frost to turn the colours. Jane xx

Name: Amanda said...

It all happens so fast - and then it's on to winter. I always want to eek out fall as much as I can. xobean