Thursday, March 28, 2013

For Bean

Pussy Willow wakened from her winter nap,
For the frolic spring breeze on her door did tap.

Mistress Pussy Willow opened wide the door;
Never had the sunshine seemed so bright before.

Happy little children cried with laugh and shout,
Spring is coming, coming, Pussy Willow's out."

                             - Kate
This is for you , too, but it's especially for my daughter and her friends in Alaska who are beginning to believe that spring will never come.  Minus 4 yesterday morning.                        Diane

6 comments:

purplehaze said...

Thanks Diane, I needed this :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I can't imagine it being so cold. We've had dust the past couple of days. And I'm fighting a cold that hubby passed along to me. :/ Hope you've had a great week. Tammy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Those first pussy willows are a joy to find.

Name: Amanda said...

So thoughtful! Thank you mom! I love you, Bean

Romeo said...

I LOVE pussy willows! They are a pleasant childhood memory and it was nice to see them here on your blog! Sure wish I could grow them!

Romeo on the other hand doesn't understand what all the fuss is about and wants to know why I would need any fuzzy cat plant when I have him. Well purrhaps he's right ;)

Hugs and purrs,

"her" and Romeo

Kit said...

I adore Pussy Willows. When I got married there were vases full of them in the back of the church. I concidered them one of my wedding flowers. :) Kit