PINECONES & ROSES

WELCOME to PINECONES AND ROSES
Thank you for visiting my blog.
My hope is that you will find something happy, funny or comforting here. Please stay as long as you like and come back often. I'm so glad you came.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Song For a Little House............

I'm glad our house is a little house
Not too tall nor too wide.
I'm glad the hovering butterflies
feel free to come inside.

Our little house is a friendly house
It is not shy or vain; It gossips with the talking trees,
And makes friends with the rain.

And quick leaves cast a shimmer of green
Against our whited walls,
And in the phlox, the duteous bees
Are paying duty calls.                        -Christopher Morley

                                                               

4 comments:

Jayne said...

How very cute!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Cute house and poem. I bet your house opens it's arms wide to welcome all visitors.

The French Bear said...

Sweet! It brings a smile to my face.....
Love the use of the flower frog!!
Hugs,
Mags
xx

Name: Amanda said...

I love your little house. Sweet post! xobean