Pinecones and Roses

Monday, July 16, 2012

Spilling Over.......A Garden to Share

 Every day I pass this house on the way back and forth to town.  Several times I've stopped to get pictures - today I was successful.  These first two pics are the two sides of the front porch.
 This lady loves to garden - no being driven inside by mosquitoes or intense heat for her!  Sometimes I see her out in the yard working with a long dress and apron and big straw hat, she fits in beautifully with her garden.
 This is going up into the pergola to the back door.  I think every time her husband gives up on a pair of shoes she grabs them and fills them with flowers.  That won't happen around here - my husband keeps EVERY pair!
 Outside the pergola (another pair of shoes)
This is garden near the side street.

She has gadgets, birdhouses, birdbaths, bird feeders, little signs, flags, figurines and somehow they all seem to exist happily together.  And not one weed to be seen except the purple bells - in an earlier post we were talking about whether they were weeds or flowers.  I think she might be sorry she has them in her garden.  But I digress.  Don't you just love to see how other's find beauty and joy?         Diane

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That woman has a very green thumb. It looks like whatever she would plant would look amazing.

polkadotpeticoat said...

Everything is amazing...not a weed to be seen!
love it all the color and the bath tub!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How absolutely beautiful. If I had a garden like that, I would be outside all day too. I have to force myself outside to water my plants that are able to survive. Just so hot these days. To be surrounded by green and blooms would be a wonderful thing. I love the use of the old shoes. ha! Wishing you a great day. Tammy

Pondside said...

What a pretty garden. If it were in my neighbourhood I'd be checking it out daily.

Laurie said...

WOW!!!! I LOVE this post Diane!! I've been re-doing our gardens this year, and this has inspired me in so many ways! What a beautiful, creative touch this lady has, a pure joy to look at. Thanks so much for sharing!!

purplehaze said...

Absolutely beautiful and glowing with love