Pinecones and Roses

Monday, July 2, 2012

Music, Music, Music...........

One of the perks of living where we do, the city park is two blocks away.  All summer long there are concerts - one a week and sometimes more.  So many times we just don't go, Leonard doesn't feel like it and maybe I'm just too lazy.  I plan to go more - it's such an upper.

Last evening the Army Field Band was playing, we wandered over there and enjoyed it until our bones got too sore.  The music was wonderful - I especially enjoyed the Tiajuana Brass Medley.  Herb Alpert never gets tiresome and you seldom hear that music anymore.  
Rascal kind of enjoyed it. 
I don't know who this guy is but he's very patriotic and his outfit just made me happy! 
                                                                                                             Diane

5 comments:

The French Bear said...

That's awesome! I love listening to instrumental music of any kind, what a lovely evening.......and what old bones can you be referring to, lol!
Hugs,
Mags
xxx

Pondside said...

I love to listen to live music in the open air. There's a concert in the square in town every day through the month of July. You must have had a lovely evening.

Laurie said...

I can't wait for the Concert in the Park series to start here on Thursday nights. It's fun to join the crowds that come to enjoy the huge variety of music every week! Wish we lived as close as you do though!! Enjoy!

polkadotpeticoat said...

He is colorful......How nice to not have to go far for a concert!
I'm just realizing George always must enter a room first before Jerry that is if he's going otherwise he doesn't care, It must be a big deal to him.....poor George is always getting his tail pulled when he least expects it!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I enjoy going to small town summer concerts when we visit with friends and family during the summer. Always such a nice way to spend the afternoon. Enjoy!