Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Looking for the blessings....

 Sometimes everywhere you look you see pain and suffering, animal abuse, child abuse, mismanagement of many of those above us, selfishness......I don't need to go on and on, you know - you see it, too.
It's then that I have to shake myself, look up, look around, see the good that's here.  Look at the brilliant green of the leaves, walk along the creek and feel the coolness from water which has just
melted from alpine snowfields and listen to the birdsong.  It's then that I have to be amazed at how soon the robins realize I've  set the sprinkler.  It's then that I'm reminded of my amazing daughters and their lives.  It's then that I drink in the colors of the pencils and markers and boxes of inspiration in my studio or gaze in awe at the never ending beauty of the Bighorns. 



And it's then that I really truly appreciate every sweet word from my friends and people I meet, whether in person or on the net. 
And John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world ..... means something very personal.
                                                                                                                        Diane

4 comments:

polkadotpeticoat said...

That was beautiful....what a wonderful passage!
Have a good evening Diane....

Ruth Hiebert said...

In a hushed voice I add my Amen to this.

June said...

I am so thankful to have met you through this wonderful thing called blogging Diane...and I feel so blessed to have read this beautiful post tonight!!!
We all need to 'look up'.
sending hugs...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I always appreciate your positive ponderings, Diane. It's so true that much of the world can bring you down, but we must have peace within to carry on. Wishing you a beautiful day. Tammy