Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Traveling


Traveling is all very well if you can get home at night.  I would be willing to
go around the world if I came back in time to light the candles and
set the table for supper. - Gladys Taber

Although I agree with Gladys Taber almost 100% there has
been the rare trip when I almost hated to come home.
Being a homebody hermit it's so hard to pry myself out of
my comfort zone.  Now and then, however, it's just good to get away, isn't it?
To see how other people live, to smell the salt air, and to
find that you aren't the only place in the universe.
But then it's just wonderful to get back home in time to light
the candles and set the table for supper, too.
Diane

                       

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am becoming more and more a homebody.I happen to like my own bed.

June said...

I agree with you Diane. Me being a bit of a hermit too, have a hard time leaving home for very long. I love being in my own bed.
I am going to visit my mom this week and will be away from home for four days. I really need to spend more time with her, but man, I will miss my bed (and boys).
sending hugs...

Pondside said...

Home is always best, for me. I was away for the past two weeks and would willingly have crawled and swum to get home.

Anonymous said...

Another hermit here. :) I used to have trouble coming home after spending time in the mountains, but now we're here, so I'm quite content at home.
Lovely photos, Diane - hope your weekend is a happy one.
Hugs,
Zuzu

Kit said...

Gladys is my favorite author of all time! I love to travel but I do get homesick for my place and can't wait to get back. From one hermit to another. :) Kit

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hubby is trying to get me to commit to a trip to the States this summer. I must book before April 15th or the cost goes way up. Last summer we stayed here and took a 10-day trip to Nepal. The thought of being somewhere other than "home" for more than a month is very overwhelming. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Tammy