Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Trip to Trail End



The Kendrick Mansion or Trail End sits high on a hill overlooking the valley
where our home is located. 
It was built by a cattleman who came north on a cattle drive and decided
to make his home here.  Much of the part of the
valley below was once owned by him.  As you turn directly around from the front
door of the mansion this is what you see.......
Is it any wonder that he fell in love with the location?






Sweeping views of our beloved Bighorn mountains. 


Diane







6 comments:

Pondside said...

Hi Diane - that view is breathtaking - no wonder he chose that spot.
I love the picture in the previous post, of your little cottage and the tree with stars in front of it. I think you should hang hearts on it in February!

Laurie said...

Oh Diane, I want so bad to the Bighorn Mountains. You live in such a beautiful state, and it remains on my bucket list to get there, and meet you! One day.....

polkadotpeticoat said...

What an amazing home and view.......breathtaking indeed!!

June said...

I could definitely live there Diane. What a beautiful view and architecture.
You live in an amazing place.
hugs...

Kit said...

I love this! And I love the fact that you showed us the view. I see so many photos from various historic places and no one usually shows what it looks like to look out the front door. Example: when Laura Ingalls looked out her Little House, what did she see? Kit

Ruth Hiebert said...

Amazing view and house.