Monday, January 23, 2012

Enjoying This Moment

A basket of old roses in my cottage.  It's going to be interesting to see what I can do with my camera with the flowers this year, maybe butterflies.  Imagine sitting clear across the yard and getting a fantastic shot of a butterfly or dragonfly.  Everything is cold and frozen and slick as glass.  It's a great time to think of next summer and how lovely it will be to go outside without a coat.  But........don't wish time away.  It's a great time to be inside!                      Diane

8 comments:

Laurie said...

You're really enjoying that camera Diane! You've been taking some amazing pictures. I too, look forward to summer again, this has been a really crazy winter here in MI.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The basket of roses is so pretty. Keep on dreaming,summer will be here before we know it.

Kit said...

Oh how I love the last two sentences! My thoughts exactly. I look at photos from last Summer and I am excited, but for now I am going to enjoy this lovely slow winter. Kit

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Yes--you will love that camera in Spring/Summer... Even though I love winter, it's not always easy getting good pictures to share in winter...

Love your basket of roses...
Hugs,
Betsy

Jane The Booklady said...

Hello Diane, I love your photograph of roses. A new camera is as exciting as having a new toy when we were children isn't it? Jane x

Squirrelhaus said...

Sweet photo, like you I am eager for spring!!!
Stay warm!
Chris :o)

polkadotpeticoat said...

Looks like a postcard....beautiful Momma!

June said...

I love your beautiful basket of everlastings Diane. They are lovely!
Oh I am enjoying this beautiful Winter, but I will always look forward to Spring :)
sending hugs...