Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Barn's Burnt Down, Now I Can See The Moon

Strangely, this haiku by Masahide came to my mind as I walked along the creek today.  After crying and raging about the irreverent "beautification" of the creek bank by city crews I settled down and realized that now I can see the creek, and the mountains.  Leonard reminded me that a lot of that growth will grow back.  I still don't like it and it's so frustrating that you don't have a voice in anything but I tell myself that I'm not the one in charge here - God is.  Barn's burnt down, now I can see the moon.                 Diane

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---as your hubby said, it will grow back.. AND--as much as I hate to see trees cut down, I do like the new look there. You can enjoy the creek --and you will enjoy seeing the mountains and the moon...

Hugs,
Betsy

Shari said...

Amazing how God puts things right where you need them, when you need them.

A reader posted this quote on my blog yesterday, and having never heard it, I was googling and ran across your post. This photo illustrates it beautifully.

Thank you.

Pondside said...

I loved the haiku, and the sentiment behind it.

Laurie said...

A very positive way to look at it Diane, and yes, it will grow back.