Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Talking Turkey

This was a picture I was thrilled to get in June of last year.  Of all the turkeys we have
in our neighborhood these are the first babies I ever saw.  There were
nine of them and they all survived.
Here they are a few months later with their mother nervously watching for predators.  She continued until they got as big as her and I couldn't tell which was her.  Maybe she still does. 

I love these wild turkeys that freely roam our neighborhood.  They're very funny characters as well as quite peaceful souls. 

We will not be having turkey for Thanksgiving.  We will be having something else and I will go for a walk with Rascal and laugh at the turkeys and it will be a good day.                  Diane

5 comments:

Pondside said...

I'd be having something else, too, if that little family lived in my neighbourhood!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Whatever you have to eat,may the day be filled with joy.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Are the wild turkeys protected there? I definitely won't be having turkey or any kinda meat for Thanksgiving. But I think definitely will need some pumpkin pie. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Kit said...

Oh you are just so sweet! I certainly can understand your feelings. They are precious and you know I have never seen a baby turkey. Thanks for the pic! Kit

Name: Amanda said...

No Turkeys on the Table!!!!!!!!!! I'm for that! It is a Turkey massacre every year. For what? Tradition. Hum. xobean