Pinecones and Roses

Friday, August 19, 2011

Taking Sides

I don't know about you but I watch so little TV.  Even at that it seems like almost everything that you see there (besides medical ads) presents it so that you immediately have to take one side or another.  Do you notice that?  It's no wonder that there's so much agitation and violence.  It  probably started about the time  they started presenting both sides of an issue or maybe it goes back to our childhood when we rooted for the good guys and booed the bad.  Always choosing a side is tiresome to me.  It makes me feel judgmental and biased.  What do you think?  Do you feel that way, too or is it just me?              Diane

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I rarely watch the news and have many days that I don't turn the TV on at all,so I can't comment on this.When I do watch I like the HGTV home improvement shows or buying homes shows.

polkadotpeticoat said...

I think Diane I'm watching unintelligent shows! I love them though!

mudderbear said...

You are so right about everything. And choosing sides and/or having to defend my beliefs is very tiring. But we watch a lot most nights and try to learn something once in awhile. Public Television can be quite wonderful sometimes. We watch a lot of that.
I'm often too tired to have to think. Agghhh, have I just admitted to being low intelligence???????

Laurie said...

Exactly Diane, aside from sit coms and HGTV, I don't like what TV has to offer anymore. When I find myself getting angry, or as you feeling like I have to choose a side, I know I've had too much. When Ken turns on the news, I leave the room. I can't handle that much negativity in only and hour. And yes it does bring out feelings and bias that I'd rather not inflict on myself or others. Great post Diane.

Name: Amanda said...

BAN YOUR TV!!!! I am much more content not watching the TV. You knew that though. I always liked a quote from Out Of Africa. When Isaac Denison was asked what side her country was on (in the war) she replied "it's own side I hope". I always liked that. You are too complex of a person to have to choose "a side". love you, Bean