Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grasshoppers

Enlarge to see this better
After visiting my daughter, Catherine, last week I'm thankful that we don't have the terrible grasshopper problem they do.  They live in a subdivision right next to a very large field and the grasshoppers have just taken over. 
 Their chickens are doing all they can but when you walk across the yard the hoppers are in clouds they are so thick.  The trees are stripped, the garden, and they're eating their way across the yard. 
They're everywhere, even in the car.  I feel so bad for them.            Diane

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yikes! I would probably need a space suit to walk outside,with all those Hoppers. This is one insect which gives me the creeps.I shudder just to look at these pictures.

Laurie said...

Wow! And I thought they were bad here this year. In fact, I had one jump down my shirt this afternoon and had a terrible time getting it out! I haven't seen grasshoppers like this for many years. I hope their problem with them goes away soon, before there is nothing left.

mudderbear said...

That is one of my worst nightmares. Oh, I hate to think it's true. What a terrible situation.

Pondside said...

How awful! We had a grasshopper problem like this when we lived in Alberta - the cars were never clean!