Pinecones and Roses

Monday, July 25, 2011

Oh My Darling Pet

 Don't you just love this face?  It's been sucked on, chewed on, cuddled, ran through the washer and dryer for a few years now and it's one of Rascal's favorite toys.  It was once a rabbit, now it looks more like ......well, a very sad rabbit. 
As soon as someone comes to the door Rascal goes tearing through the house and brings it to them.  But it's not for them to keep, of course he wants them to throw it for him but I think he's also showing them his best toy in the world.  Well, there's the pheasant, too, but that's another story.                  Diane

9 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a cute little 'toy'... The older ones like that are the most special, aren't they??? That little 'wabbit' is still a cutie!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Angela said...

The rabbit has a very good friend who stitches him back together when he's falling apart...we could all use one of those.

Pondside said...

Rascal and Rory have that habit in common! As soon as someone comes into the house he brings a stuffed toy to be thrown and chased.

Gregg Motonaga said...

Love it!!! xobean

mudderbear said...

Rascal is a darling. I'm glad you explained the picture. I was wondering why I was seeing it wrong..haha. The colors are very authentic. Don't forget to show us the pheasant, too. ^.^)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely adorable. That rabbit is certainly loved! have a great day, Tammy :)

Unknown said...

Rascal is such a cutie....love his rabbit!
Chris :o)

polkadotpeticoat said...

Oh our little man has a few of these chewed on friends only he doesn't share his friends.....were working on manners!

June said...

I'm pretty sure that would be my favorite toy if I was a dog too Diane. I think he has aged rather well considering, don't you. Wish I was.LOL!
I have enjoyed some posts here today, like the beautiful dresses in the window and what's blooming around your place lately, and I am so glad the threat of flooding has passed as well. Our rivers are less angry now too. One can relax a little now. I love your open cabinets!
sending big hugs to you...