Pinecones and Roses

Friday, July 29, 2011

Another Visit

Today I went to see Mother.  I wish I could get over there to see here more often than I do but life just doesn't seem to allow that.  I do the best I can.  I wish that she could get out of the wheelchair and go check on her hollyhocks at home, I wish I could make her smile, or laugh.   I wish I could make her happy when I bring her some flowers or my face.  I wish I could make her young. 

She always told us "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." 

Diane

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

There are so many things we would change if only we could.Mother looks well cared for and I know she is loved.

Kay said...

Just LOVE her and spend time with her. That is the most important thing. I have learned this since I lost my sweet husband in June.

Kay

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It looks like you have created a cozy environment for her. You do the best you can, Diane. That's all you can do. Take care! Hugs and blessings, Tammy

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love her words of wisdom....

Laurie said...

I know how hard it is Diane, she is still so beautiful. We've been watching our mother age both physically and mentally, and it's so sad to see. I'll keep you and you mum in my prayers.

Debbie said...

Oh dear, visit when you can, and just tell her you love her. You did not say if she is ill, or just getting on in years..She looks beautiful..Debbie (Maine)

Pondside said...

I wish all those things for you and your mum, Diane. It seems to me that the time you spend with her is the very best you can give her, because she is cared for physically. Just be there and love her as you do.

mudderbear said...

It's difficult watching our loved ones change. I suppose we'll never stop wishing we could or wishing we had. There is a time for all things. Her room looks lovely. No doubt you have done a lot for her in making things nice, and seeing you puts a smile on her heart.
Blessings be to both of you.
Rosalie