Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dishing the Dirt


I always forget - in figuring the price that I'm going to spend for flowers I always forget the soil.  Bags and bags of soil, and bark for the gardens where I want to keep the weeds down.  This is an easy thing to ignore, just get on with the flowers and plants.  It's like forgetting the cost of the nails and screws when you're building something, you can't get far without those things. Anyway, it feels good to dig in the dirt and feel the sunshine on my face.  Hope you're enjoying it, too.  Blessings, Diane

6 comments:

Angela said...

I do love digging in the dirt, but it is WAY too hot to be in the sun down here! I did get out the last couple of evenings at about 7:00 when the yard was shady.

Pondside said...

That's what we did today - weeded and planted. The place is just beginning to look decent!

Ruth Hiebert said...

All that digging and planting should yield beautiful results later.

polkadotpeticoat said...

They look lovely and all the color!!

mudderbear said...

I do believe summer has come to my city. And I often don't calculate the total cost of things, probably because it scares me. Your flowers are beautiful. I really like that dark red one.

Kit said...

I am about to plant my first pot of the season. Some lovely fuchsias that my daughter got me for Mom's day. This week I will be buying the annuals for my patio pots. Can't wait! Have a great day! Kit