Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cliff Hanger

Since last Thursday there's been a dog who's taken up residence at a vacant house in our neighborhood.  When I would try to talk to it or call it it would hide, I never could make friends with it and the animal control officer got onto it and wanted to take it in.  I posted it and advertised it everywhere I could think of. In the meantime my neighbor was also keeping an eye on it and trying to get a better picture than I could at a distance.  Neither she nor her husband could get near the dog either.  I brought food and water for it but it was terrified of me. Because the dog was staying in one spot we both agreed that we hated to have it taken to the shelter.  This drama has been going on since Thursday.  Today she came to my door and said "I got the dog!"  "What?"  Sure enough that dog was following her and stuck to her like glue.  Now the dog has decided she's going to live with Teresa and her family and is living on their porch.  Now one more hurdle - she has to talk to  hubby.  Stay tuned.                  Diane

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm so anxious to hear what Teresa's husband has to say! He chose her, which is such a great beginning, and I hope it ends that way! What a heart warming story Diane.

Pondside said...

Ooooh I hope that this story has a happy ending! Fingers crossed that Teresa's husband falls in love with the dog.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like this could have a happy ending for all.

The French Bear said...

I hope it works out, poor dog...how tragic and scary for the puppy......you are very kind to try to find the owners. Awww....look at that sad little face peeking out......
Hugs,
Mags
xx