Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sweet Hearts

We went to a parking lot sale this morning as well as a couple garage sales. 
It wasn't until after I got these home that I realized that the lace on the bottom of this vintage slip(?) is in a heart design.  It's a little worn but so sweet.  The other one is a runner and I'm not sure what that lace is called.  It's quite fine and beautiful.  If you know what it is, I'd love to know. 

After a bout with a bug this week and Blogger being down it feels so good to be back up and running.  Hope you have a lovely weekend.                  Diane 

8 comments:

Denise said...

Did not know that Blogger was down... I love love love the lace... We went to several estate sales this week.... found some wonderful thing....... I love summer time...

Pondside said...

What pretty lace. I like to collect old bits and pieces to use for making Christmas decorations.

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love it....you scored!
I went to a garage sale that had tons of art work and in one pile were a about six nudes and I'm telling you Who ever the subject was .....wow, not good!
I wish Amanda could have seen them they were funny!
I sure did miss you..

Kit said...

So glad you are feeling better. Lovely lace pieces. I love the hearts! Kit

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your purchases are so lovely Diane! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care! Best wishes for the coming week. Tammy

Laurie said...

Hope you're feeling better Diane, this has sure been the spring for illness. I LOVE the lace on these, what a fantastic find!

Name: Amanda said...

S-C-O-R-E! Beautiful lace! xobean

mudderbear said...

I love the lace...I have a piece my mother made that is a lot like that. These photos make me want to go find more..it's so pretty.