Pinecones and Roses

Monday, May 30, 2011

Decoration Day - Memorial Day

 Even though the flowers are very sparse because it's been so cold and rainy I made some little remembrance bouquets for our grandparent's graves and for our dad's. Here at Grandpa and Grandma's the two real deer were in the distance as they always are when we come to these graves. It brings tears to my eyes. 
 Daddy's grave needed sprucing up a little. 

A day to pay tribute to all who have died defending our country so that we might be free.  It feels so good to honor this day and these people who will always be loved.  A very meaningful and beautiful day.                      Diane


4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a nice tribute to your family, Diane. I remember that my Mom was on the "Decoration Committee" of our local cemetery when I was young. They made a big deal of decorating the graves ---even the ones where no family member was around to decorate themselves. I always loved seeing her do that.

Hope you have had a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Denise said...

Did that today .. It was my first memorial day for my parents.. Very hard... Did not want to go out there but needed to take flowers.. AND a flag for Dad...... Lot of older graves with nothing, kinda sad...

polkadotpeticoat said...

You are so sweet Diane....

The French Bear said...

What a wonderful thing to do..... my Mom's grave is too far away but when I am south I like to spend some quiet time with her and bring her flowers. She loved her garden. The flag is such a nice touch....very thoughtful!
Hugs,
Mags
xx