Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birds and Sinks

I have no idea who this little bird is. The Lazuli Bunting was back at the feeder today and the sun was shining, he was just gorgeous.  But he's camera shy.  In the meantime this bird showed up.  I thought it might be Mrs. Lazuli but not according to the bird book. 
We put a new bathroom sink in a couple weeks ago and it was up to me to do the tile work, above is the before picture.........
.....and this is the after.  I found the tiles at Habitat Restore for 60 cents (10 cents each!) and the calking was about $4.00.  However I'm a pretty temperamental tiler, my rates are $100.00 an hour and I only do it if I'm in the right mood!            Diane

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Without any words to tell me what this is all about,I will try to guess.You saw a Spotted Towhee,wonderful.Is it a new sink and faucet or just one or the other? Either way it looks great.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful Towhee, Diane.... Gorgeous colors...

AND---you did a great job of the tile work... Bet you could get a job and make lots and lots of money!!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, I'm guessing the sweet little birdie is a Towhee since that's what the other ladies have said. :) Great job on the tile work. I can imagine it might give you fits. :/ Looks like you had better weather. Hope your day is a good one. Tammy

Jane said...

Love the new sink!

Jane