Pinecones and Roses

Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Thinking

Whenever I spend half of the day vacuuming the house (like today) I remember a friend of mine saying with disdain "Vacuum sweepers were invented by men.  If women designed them it would be a lot different.  These are just instruments of torture!". 

I was remembering that to Leonard today.  I told him if a woman designed a vacuum it would work for one thing!  Next it would look nice and be a pleasing color, and it would be fun to use, and wouldn't grab ahold of the curtains or the dust ruffles until you lose your mind, it would be easy to empty and not require replaceable cartridges or bags, and it would be powerful but quiet.  In many ways it would almost be the same if we designed a man!!!                       Diane

8 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ha Ha Diane... Love it!!!! A man, huh????? How funny!!!!!

I agree about vacuum.. That's why George is in charge of it in our home. I dust and he vacuums...

Hugs,
Betsy

The French Bear said...

He heee!! What was his response? Oh dear maybe you best not say!!! I think I would love a pink one!!!
Hugs,
Mags

Denise said...

Amen...... how cute!

Pondside said...

I'm sure we'd all like to collaborate on that design concept - well actually, on both of them!

mudderbear said...

I have had similer thoughts about whoever designed kitchen cabinets and/or laundry rooms.

Laurie said...

That's funny Diane! Thanks for the laugh!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yep,Im with you.There are other things which would be different if designed by a woman,like toilets.Only a man could put so many crazy ridges and such in them.Maybe we had better get busy and design a better product.We might get rich.Na,I'll just clean what I have. :)

Heidi said...

Amen Diane, I moved on to designing a man I'd like to a muzzle on mine...he's driving me crazy. were so tired we have a March 1st deadline and were almost done....I can't wait.